The School of Music at the University of Washington is a comprehensive professional school offering both performance and research-oriented degree programs. Our approximately 400 music students pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees in music, and they go on to experience rich professional and personal lives in music. Here at the UW, we study music in two ways -- music as a creative art, and music as a branch of the humanities.
This website will introduce you to the School of Music's location, facilities, performance groups, undergraduate and graduate programs, and faculty, and we will give you all the information you need to apply to the School of Music.
Please follow the links below for information on how to apply and audition for the School of Music. You can also contact us to request a packet of materials mailed to you or to ask questions.
Assistant Director for Admissions, Recruitment, and Community Outreach
- I am a freshman or new major
- I am an international student
- I am a post-baccalaureate student
- I am a transfer student
- Choral Conducting Degrees
- Composition Degrees
- Ethnomusicology, Music Education, Music History, and Music Theory Degrees
- Instrumental and Vocal Performance Degrees
- Orchestral Conducting Degrees
- Wind Conducting Degrees