The School of Music Student Advisory Council is a UW RSO (Registered Student Organization) dedicated to providing a voice for students within the School of Music.
The purpose of SoMSAC is to function as a mechanism that collects, amplifies, and negotiates on behalf of student voices within the SoM, with the mission of helping the school rise up to meet perpetually evolving economic, academic and sociocultural demands that warrant institutional change. The SoMSAC works towards their mission at three levels:
- First, SoMSAC members regularly listen to student voices through surveys, and formal and informal interviews.
- Second, SoMSAC organizes, analyzes, and interprets collected data, and democratically deliberates appropriate courses of action in response to these data.
- Third, SAC leadership interfaces with administrative and departmental leadership at the SoM and with the University of Washington at large.
SoMSAC leaders advocate for student interests by making suggestions and demands including, but not limited to, changes in school policy and culture. Lastly, the SoMSAC leadership prioritizes relationship building beyond the SoM to create a larger network, and in turn, bring more academic and professional opportunities for current, past and future students.
- SoMSAC Linktree: Our Linktree will have the most up-to-date Zoom links, student reporting forms, and mailing list sign-up form.
- Student Feedback Form: If you are a current or former student at the University of Washington School of Music and have feedback or grievances regarding your SoM experience, please complete this form. Click on the link for more information on how feedback is used. Additionally, if you wish to share your feedback with SoMSAC as a whole, you are welcome to attend and raise concerns at our open or general meetings.
Get involved and stay up to date with SoMSAC!
Our weekly meetings are Fridays at 12:30 pm in the School of Music Fishbowl (Room 102). During these meetings, we typically share updates and progress on agenda items. The rest of the time is open to any student who wants to drop by to chat or voice a concern.
Please use our above Linktree to find our mailing list and other resources.
Find us on Instagram @uwsom.sac!
Questions or concerns? Please email us at email@example.com.