Katharyn Alvord Gerlich Theater & Meany Studio Theatre
Both theaters are in Meany Hall, on the southwest corner of the UW’s Central Plaza (“Red Square”). Meany Hall’s main entrance leads directly into Gerlich Theater (formerly Meany Theater). Enter Meany Studio Theatre by taking the outside stairs at the northeast corner of Meany Hall to the sunken courtyard.
Katharyn Alvord Gerlich Theater is accessible via ramps and elevator from the UW Central Plaza Garage (NE 41st Street and 15th Avenue NE). For Meany Studio Theater, park on level C1 of the garage and use the ramp to that theater’s lobby.
Brechemin Auditorium is on the east end of the School of Music’s main floor in the Music Building.
There is a ramp at the west (main) entrance as well as access at the School of Music’s northeast entrance.
The Walker-Ames Room is on the second floor of Kane Hall, in the northeast corner of the UW’s Central Plaza (“Red Square”).
An elevator from the UW Central Plaza Garage goes to the first and second floors of Kane Hall, and a ramp provides access at the east entrance to the Walker-Ames Room.
To request disability accommodation, contact the Disability Services Office preferably at least 10 days in advance.
Parking for performances in Katharyn Alvord Gerlich Theater, Meany Studio Theatre, and the Walker-Ames Room
- Underground parking: The entrance to the UW Central Plaza Parking Garage is located at NE 41st Street and 15th Avenue NE, on the west side of campus (Gate 1). A $12 non-refundable flat ate is charged for evening events (5 pm or after). We encourage you to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the performance.
- Above-ground parking: Enter the UW campus at NE 45th Street and 17th Avenue NE, near the Burke Museum (Gate 2). Stop at the gatehouse to pay (the evening rate is $6) and to obtain directions and a parking permit.
PARKING FOR EVENTS IN THE SCHOOL OF MUSIC'S BRECHEMIN AUDITORIUM
- Enter the north end of campus (NE 45th Street and 17th Avenue NE), near the Burke Museum (Gate 2). When you stop at the gatehouse to pay (the evening rate is $6), tell the parking specialist that you’re going to a School of Music event. You’ll receive directions to the nearest lot and a parking permit.
Pay for parking and obtain a permit at a UW gatehouse
- 6 am to 9 pm Monday through Friday
- 7 am to noon Saturday
Gatehouse permits are sold via a pay-on-entry system. When you purchase a permit at a gatehouse, you’ll be asked how long you will be on campus, and you will pay for that amount of time in advance. Your permit will show an expiration time. After that time, the vehicle will be subject to a citation.
- $17 from 6 am to 4 pm weekdays or $4 per hour for four or fewer hours.
- $6 from 4pm to 9 pm weekdays.
- $6 from 7 am to noon Saturdays
- The Central Plaza Garage charges a non-refundable flat-rate fee of $12 from 4 pm until 9 pm Monday through Friday and from 7 am until noon on Saturdays.
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted at all campus gatehouses.
You can sometimes park for free
- Complimentary parking is available on weekdays from 9 pm until 6 am in unrestricted lots.
- Complimentary parking is available from 9 pm Friday until 7 am Saturday.
- Complimentary parking is available on weekends from noon on Saturday until 6 am Monday morning in unrestricted lots.
- Parking is also complimentary on state holidays in unrestricted lots. Please adhere to all posted restrictions.
- Check signs, as some parking areas are restricted (Note: This applies to all parking time periods).
Parking for mobility-impaired visitors
- Alert the parking specialist so you may be directed to the most convenient parking areas.
TTY Relay: Dial 711
Phone 425.353.RIDE or 1.800.562.1375
TTY Relay: Dial 711
TTY Relay: Dial 711
Remember . . . . Concerts, dates, artists, locations, and programs are subject to change. For the latest information, check our Event Calendar or call the Events Hotline (206-685-8384).