Originally from Highland, MI, Corey Jahlas is in his first year of the Doctor of Musical Arts and Instrumental Conducting program at the University of Washington, where he serves as a Graduate Student Conductor of the Husky Athletic Bands, co-conductor of the Campus Band, and assistant conductor of the Wind Ensemble.
Most recently, Corey earned his Master of Music in Wind Conducting from Central Michigan University, studying with Prof. Jack Williamson. There, he instructed the 280-member Chippewa Marching Band and served as the instructor on record for the Symphony Band and the University Band. Prior to his Master’s work, Corey taught from 2014-2017 in Oxford, MI, leading the middle school band program, the OMS Percussion Ensemble, and assisting with the OHS Wildcat Marching Band.
Corey also holds degrees in Music Education and Music Theory and Composition from Central Michigan, where he studied euphonium with Dr. Mark Cox and composition with Dr. David Gillingham. Sharing his love for the marching arts, Corey served as Assistant Director of the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps in 2014, having marched with the group in 2011. He also serves as a clinician, arranger, and drill writer for high schools and university marching bands in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New Hampshire, and is the Director of the Drum Major Camp at Central Michigan University. Corey holds memberships in the National Association for Music Education, Pi Kappa Lambda, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, and Kappa Kappa Psi.
- Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band with Carrie Shaw, soprano: Cityscapes - May 30, 2023 - 7:30pm
- Concert and Campus Bands - February 28, 2023 - 7:30pm
- Concert and Campus Bands - November 29, 2022 - 7:30pm
- Wind Ensemble Chamber Winds - October 30, 2022 - 1:30pm
- Concert and Campus Bands - May 19, 2022 - 7:30pm
- Concert and Campus Bands - March 1, 2022 - 7:30pm
- Wind Ensemble Chamber Winds - October 31, 2021 - 1:30pm
- Wind Ensemble Chamber Winds - October 27, 2019 - 1:30pm