Strings auditions for the UW Symphony Orchestra
Auditions for the UW Symphony Orchestra will take place on Monday,
September 25th between 5:30 pm and 9:00 pm and Wednesday, September 27th between 3:30 pm and 6:30 pm in Meany room 268.
SIGN UPS ARE REQUIRED.
[Bass players: your seating auditions will be held separately by Professor Liebermann. Please contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.]
- Returning students are expected to take the seating audition along with new students.
- These auditions are being held so that we can best devise seating plans for each concert. Seating will rotate throughout the year.
- Please come prepared to play (for approximately 5 minutes) selections of your choice from two works of contrasting styles/periods (piano accompaniment is not necessary). Music majors will also be asked to sight-read.
- Add codes will be given out at the audition.
- Rehearsals are Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm in Meany 268 (Friday rehearsals at 3:30 pm are held only on concert days). If you have any questions please email Dr. Rahbee at: email@example.com
Audition sign-up sheets will be posted on Dr. Rahbee’s office door, Music Building room 209, in late August.
***MUSIC MAJORS MUST INDICATE THAT THEY ARE AUDITIONING FOR THE UWSO. NON MAJORS MUST INDICATE WHICH ORCHESTRA THEY ARE AUDITIONING FOR. NON MAJORS WHO ARE ENROLLED IN PRIVATE LESSONS ON YOUR INSTRUMENT WITH UW FACULTY ARE REQUIRED TO ENROLL IN THE UWSO (MUSEN300/500). IF YOU ARE NOT ENROLLED IN PRIVATE LESSONS ON YOUR INSTRUMENT WITH UW FACULTY, YOU MAY SIGN UP TO PLAY IN EITHER ORCHESTRA, DEPENDING ON YOUR SCHEDULE OR INTEREST, OR YOU MAY INDICATE INTEREST IN BOTH ORCHESTRAS AND WE WILL PLACE YOU BASED ON THE SIZE OF THE SECTION IN EACH ORCHESTRA.
If all time slots are taken, you are not out of luck. Simply email us: