Auditions have moved to a video submission audition format for the 2020/21 school year.
VIDEO SUBMISSION DATES FOR UWSO
Sunday, September 27 at 11:59 PM PDT—Audition videos submissions due.
September 28–29: Video auditions reviewed and evaluated.
September 30–Oct 2: Audition results sent via email with add codes.
VIDEO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR UWSO
Your audition should consist of selections of your choice from two works of contrasting styles/periods (accompaniment is not necessary), totaling no more than 5 minutes. (There will be no sight-reading.)
- Record your auditions on a camera or phone (in Landscape Mode)
- Frame your shot so that you and your instrument are centered in the frame. A distance of 6 feet is recommended.
- The audition video with your 2 selected works should be one single file, totaling no more than 5 minutes.
- Export your video audition as a MP4 or MOV file at a minimum 720p resolution (1080p is preferred). Please do not send 4k videos due to storage limitations.
- When exporting/saving your file, please use the following method = lastname_firstname_instrument.mp4. (i.e. Johnson_James_bass.mp4)
Online Audition Submission Form:
- UW Symphony is open to music majors AND non-music majors alike
- Returning students are expected to take the seating audition along with new students.
- These auditions are being held so that we can best devise seating plans for each concert. Seating will rotate throughout the year.
- Rehearsals are Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm in Meany 268 (Friday rehearsals at 3:30 pm are held only on concert days). If you have any questions please email Dr. Rahbee at: email@example.com